Marymount University Hospital & Hospice is a company limited by guarantee and incorporates a service for older people aswell as specialist palliative care services.
It is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors, who were initially appointed by the Provincial of the Religious Sisters of Charity, but who elect subsequent directors themselves. The Board normally meets every two months, and has appointed several sub-committees to deal with specific areas of interest. These committees are as follows:-
- The Executive Committee, with responsibility for the day-to-day management of the service.
- The Mission Committee, with responsibility for ensuring that the hospital operates in keeping with the ethos, philosophy and core values of the Religious Sisters of Charity.
- The Development Committee with responsibility for overseeing all hospital affairs relating to capital developments and major maintenance projects
- The Finance Committee, with responsibility for overseeing the financial affairs of the service.
- The Arbitration Committee, with responsibility for advising the Board of Directors and service management on disciplinary matters
- The Nomination Committee, with responsibility for monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the structure, size and composition of the Board
- The Quality, Risk Management & Audit Committee, with responsibility for overseeing all services affairs relating to quality, risk management, audit and clinical governance
The Executive Committee members are:
- Ms Sarah McCloskey- Chief Executive Officer
- Ms Ann Mahony- Director of Nursing
- Mr Philip Grant- Head of Human Resources
- Mr Tony O’Brien- Head of Finance
- Dr Marie Murphy- Consultant in Palliative Medicine
- Professor Tony O’Brien- Professor of Palliative Medicine
- Ms Paula McGovern- Head of Fundraising & Communications
The members of the Board of Directors are as follows:
- Mr Kieran Barry (Chairman)
- Prof. Geraldine McCarthy
- Dr Liam Plant
- Ms. Marie Barry
- Sr. Mary Angela Kelly
- Mr. Dan Byrne
- Mr. Paddy McGlade
- Mr Joe O’Shea
- Ms. Miriam O’Riordan, S.C.
- Mr John Harraghy
- Dr Norma Harnedy
- Ms Ann Doherty