Marymount is an independent voluntary teaching hospital and hospice governed by a Board of Directors. We provide a high quality inpatient service for the older person and a specialist palliative care service, including inpatient unit, daycare and community services. We strive for quality and integrity in all we do.
Marymount is approved by the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland for higher medical training in palliative medicine and is affiliated to the Medical School at University College, Cork. An active teaching and research programme is in place.
Marymount is an independent voluntary teaching hospital and hospice governed by a Board of Directors.
We are now inviting applications for the following:
Pastoral Care Team Member
- A candidate must be a certified/accredited healthcare chaplain
- A candidate must work well in a team and actively promote a culture of welcome to those of all faiths and none.
- The post requires an appropriate level of personal maturity and emotional / spiritual intelligence as well as the ability to display resilience in adversity.
A candidate will ideally demonstrate:
- Pastoral care experience in a healthcare setting
- A clear understanding of the principles of palliative care.
- A clear philosophy of Pastoral Care along with an understanding of the competencies required in the role.
- A knowledge of various religious faiths, spiritual and philosophical traditions
Job description is available on request. Informal enquiries in relation to the above posts are welcome to Mr Anthony Boland- at 021 4501201 or email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted by sending a cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com . Closing date is 31st October
Staff Nurses – Services for the Older Person (Permanent & Relief)
The successful applicant will be an experienced registered nurse with at least one year’s acute experience. Experience in service for the older person is desirable.
Informal enquiries in relation to the above posts are welcome to Ms. Chris Broderick, Assistant Director of Nursing (SFOP) and at 021 4501201 firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted by sending a letter and CV by email to email@example.com or post to HR Department, Marymount University Hospital & Hospice, Curraheen, Cork.