National Conference For Health Care Assistants
“Embracing The Heart Of Neurology ”
Friday 23rd June 2017
Marymount University Hospital & Hospice presents a One Day Conference for Health Care Assistants on Palliative Care. This Conference will be held in the purpose built Auditorium in Marymount University Hospital & Hospice. This is the fourth palliative care conference for Health Care Assistants in the Republic of Ireland.The theme of the conference is “Embracing The Heart Of Neurology”. Speakers for the conference are drawn from the specialist palliative services based in Marymount University Hospital & Hospice.
The speakers include:
We are delighted to confirm that:
- Dr. Coman Hennelly, Specialist Registrar in Palliative Care, will speak on Motor Neurone Disease at the conference.
- Eileen O’ Mahony, Clinical Nurse Specialist in Neurology in Cork University Hospital, will speak on Multiple Sclerosis at the conference.
- Mary J. Foley, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, St. Finbarr’s Hospital, will speak on Recovery Post Stroke at the conference.
- Niamh McCarthy, Neurology CNM2, Mercy University Hospital, will speak on Parkinson’s Disease at the conference.
- Hugh Morley, Counsellor & Head of Business, Cork Counselling Services, will speak on Self-Care Assistance for Health Care Assistants at the conference.
- Kara McLoughlin, Occupational Therapist, Mercy University Hospital, will speak on Occupational Therapy at the conference.
- Karen Kelleher, Physiotherapist, Marymount University Hospital & Hospice, will speak on The Role of the Physiotherapist in Neurological Conditions at the conference.
- Aideen O’ Riordan, Senior Speech & Language Therapist, Cork University Hospital, will speak on The Role of the Speech & Language Therapist in Neurological Conditions at the conference.
- Patricia Lucey, Multiple Sclerosis Society, will speak on The Role of the Multiple Sclerosis Society at the conference.
All health care assistants or home carers working in long term care settings in community hospitals & nursing homes or in hospices & palliative care services or in acute hospitals and for those caring for people in their own homes.
With a full conference programme to come these are just some of the topics being looked into at the conference:
- Getting to the “heart” of Neurology.
- Holistic approach to Stroke
- The physical,psychological, social & spiritual aspects of Parkinson’s Disease
- Holistic approach to Motor Neurone Disease
- Holistic approach to Multiple Sclerosis
Click here to download conference presentations.
The fee for this one day conference is €85. An early bird fee of €80 is available up to 26th May 2017.
Advance booking is essential. Conference fee includes refreshments, lunch, a conference pack.
Download registration form below and return with fee to Daniel Linehan, Education Administrator to reserve a place on this conference. Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. On receipt of your completed registration form and fee the conference administrator will confirm your place in writing.
Cancellations up to 3 weeks prior to the conference will be given a full refund, minus an administration fee of €25.00. We regret that cancellations after this time cannot be refunded. Refunds for failure to attend the conference cannot be made however, substitute delegates will be accepted.
The ‘208’ bus route operates from Mayfield through the city centre via St. Patrick’s Street (pick up point outside Debenhams) to the hospital every 10 to 20 minutes, seven days a week. The bus timetable can be downloaded from our hospital website.
There is a visitor’s car park on site and parking will be free to all those attending the conference.
List of Accommodation within close distance to Marymount University Hospital & Hospice and Cork City:
Oriel House Hotel, Ballincollig, Co. Cork – Tel: 021-4208400
River Lee Hotel, Western Road, Cork City – Tel: 021-4252700
Imperial Hotel, South Mall, Cork City – Tel: 021-4274040
Clayton Hotel, Lapp’s Quay, Cork City – Tel: 021-4224900
Gresham Metropole, McCurtin Street, Cork City – Tel: 021-4643700
Rochestown Park Hotel, Rochestown Rd, Douglas, Cork – Tel: 021-4890800
The Orchard B&B, Ballincollig, Co. Cork – Tel: 021-4870028
Westfield House B&B, Ballincollig, Co. Cork – Tel: 021-4871824
Tara B&B, Ballincollig, Co. Cork – Tel: 021-4870210
Garnish Guesthouse, Western Road, Cork City – Tel: 021-4275111
Killarney Guesthouse, Western Road, Cork City – Tel: 021-4270290
Avondale B&B, Western Road, Cork City – Tel: 021-4905874
The Blarney Stone Guesthouse, Western Road, Cork City – Tel: 021-4270083
For further information on what to see and do around Cork City please click here