Dignity in Care workshop
23rd – 24th March 2023
University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
Health and Social Care professionals in the acute and the community sectors, in Care of the Older Person and involved in the care of persons with advanced and progressive illnesses.
Palliative Care professionals
This workshop is open to all health and social care professionals interested in primary and specialist palliative care and dignity in healthcare.
Designed to enhance the human side of healthcare, this 2-day workshop focuses on the role and application of dignity in all aspects of clinical practice. The workshop will examine dignity related challenges in care and will provide a detailed look at the clinical application of Dignity Therapy. If you are looking to expand your ability to care for patients as people, to reconnect with why you chose to work in healthcare in the first place, or to broaden your community of like-minded clinicians and health and social care professionals, this is the workshop for you.
- Define and describe the ABCDs of Dignity Conserving Care.
- Discuss the key elements of patient-hood.
- Analyse the model of optimal therapeutic communication.
- Examine the use of the Patient Dignity Question for assessment in clinical practice.
- Assess one’s own role in the promotion of dignity conserving care.
- Define and describe the key elements of Dignity Therapy in practice.
- Discuss case examples of Dignity Therapy.
- Engage in the experiential practice of Dignity Therapy techniques.
Application has been made for accreditation from:
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (An Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann)
The Royal College of Physicians of Ireland
This workshop offers an early bird registration fee before 08/02/23 .
Early Bird fee €300
Early Bird student fee €125
Early bird registration closing date: 08/02/23 .
Open for registration from 01/02/23:
Full fee €400
Full Student fee €150
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Helen Leahy, Academic Education Partner for Marymount University Hospital and Hospice on email@example.com