- The first step is to decide on what type of fundraising event you’re going to hold. Events can be big or small, they can take place in your home, at your office, your school or somewhere within your community. Whatever event you choose, make sure it is something that you would take part in yourself.
- Have you had prior experience organising an event? If it’s a large-scale event, like a fashion show for example, you might want to consider forming an organising committee. Talk to friends who might have useful experience in organising events and see if they might be willing to help.
Register your event with us
- Register your event with us by filling out our event proposal form.
- Once the registration form is completed a member of our fundraising team will contact you to authorise your event and go over any details with you. You’ll then receive a fundraising pack, including a fundraising guide and sponsorship cards.
Make your event happen
- Now that your event has been approved, it’s time to start working on the details. Finalise your date and time and book your venue (if applicable).
- Budget – how much will your event likely cost? Pro tip – ask for required goods and services to be donated! People are always willing to donate when it’s for a charitable cause – and with Marymount’s standing in the Cork and Kerry community, you might find it easier than you think to keep your event under budget, this maximising potential funds.
- Timeline – this is very important! Plan accordingly and figure out all the various jobs and tasks (publicity, insurance etc) that are required of you and when the deadlines are for.
- Delegate – use your committee, friends and community to share the workload. Staging an event can be stressful if you take on too much on your own.
- Legal be sure to adhere to the legal requirements for your eventDoes the event require a garda permit? Is insurance necessary? Check out the The Irish Charities Tax Reform Group (ICTR) for useful toolkits on garda permits and insurance. And if in doubt, check in with our fundraising team here at Marymount.
Lodge your funds raised
- When the event has finished and the money collected and accounted for, you can submit funds with your debit or credit card online or by phone, by sending a cheque through the post, or by lodging your money in person at any AIB branch using the fundraising giro we provide.