Course Title: Fundamental Aspects of Loss, Grief & Bereavement
Programme Dates 2018:
9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th Nov & 7th Dec
Programme Dates 2019:
15th, 22nd, 29th, March & 5th, 12th April 2019
This five day programme is designed to develop the knowledge, attitudes and skills of participants in the area of loss, grief and bereavement. This programme was developed using a validated curriculum model by educators and multidisciplinary clinical staff of Marymount University Hospital and Hospice.
The programme is suitable for all health care professionals, the emergency services, community services, employers and members of the public.
- To facilitate the learners’ understanding of loss, grief and bereavement across the lifespan.
- To promote the application of psychological, spiritual and sociological approaches to loss, grief and bereavement in practice.
- To create an awareness of the impact of culture and spiritual expression on the response to loss, grief and bereavement.
- To help learner’s develop an appreciation of the importance of self-care.
- To enhance the learner’s ability to work collaboratively with individuals, families, other professionals and organisations.
- To be aware of the range of responses to loss and how they may be influenced by the nature of the relationship and the circumstances of the death.
- To develop the learner’s skill in communicating with individuals, their families and with other stakeholders about loss, grief and bereavement.
- To assist the learner to reflect on the grief and bereavement supports available to individuals, their families and clients in their own work/care setting and in the community.
Please note: the programme content examines what may be a difficult subject for some. Potential participants who have experienced a close personal loss or bereavement in the previous 2 years are advised to defer attending this programme.
This programme has category 1 approval & 29 Continuing Education Units from An Bord Altranais agus Cnámhseachais Na hÉireann (NMBI) & is also accredited by the Irish Association of Social Workers.
€350, lunch is not provided.
Click here to access & download the course material
Return the completed registration form with fee by post to Michelle Cullen, Education Administrator to reserve a place on this programme. Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. An administration fee of €25 will apply to any cancellations.
For further information please contact:
Michelle Cullen | Education Administrator | Tel: 021 4501201 ext: 267 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org