St. Luke’s Day Care Unit is a warm, friendly and relaxed environment located on the ground floor. The skilled multi-disciplinary team are committed to providing excellent care and support to patients and their families. A full nursing assessment is carried out at each visit to identify any problems. Review by the medical team is facilitated and communication between the Specialist Palliative Care Team and General Practitioner allows optimal symptom management.
We aim to improve and maintain quality of life. We offer personal care (shower, jacuzzi, hairdresser, chiropodist) and complementary therapies (aromatherapy, massage, and reflexology). Access to Social Work, Chaplaincy and Physiotherapy can be arranged. We also offer a variety of activities for patients to enjoy or provide a quiet space to relax. Families are supported through active communication and opportunities to meet are facilitated.
St. Luke’s Day Care Unit is open Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. It is a free service. Families are encouraged to provide transport to and from the hospice but volunteer drivers and a hospital bus are available to those with transport difficulties.
Referral to the Day Care Unit is from the Community Palliative Service or Inpatient Palliative Care Services.
- Monitoring of your condition by medical and nursing staff
- Access to the services of Physiotherapy / Bereavement & Family Support Services / Chaplains
- Certain minor treatments (that do not require an overnight stay) can be facilitated
- Mid-day meal and refreshments are provided
- Complementary therapies, e.g. aromatherapy, hand & foot massage
- Hairdressing / beauty therapy
- Companionship – in a friendly relaxing atmosphere
- Creative pastimes such as arts and crafts
- Leisure trips to places of local interest
Contact Details for Daycare:
Telephone: (021) 4557400