Covid-19 is impacting all aspects of our community and Marymount is no exception. 2020 marks Marymount’s 150th year however this is not the year we had envisioned. Our services have prevailed through the aftermath of famine, war and civil unrest and throughout many social and political changes and within that Marymount remains an essential thread tightly woven into the community of cork.
We need you as much you need us. And we are in this current global health crisis together.
What is Marymount doing at this time?
- We are keeping our services running: Our dedicated frontline workers are still serving the needs of those who need palliative care and services for older people. Unfortunately we have had to close visiting except in exceptional circumstances to keep our patients and staff as safe as possible.
- We are supporting the acute hospitals in Cork: We are continuing to admit patients from acute hospitals freeing up bed space in the community.
- We are supporting patients in the community: We are using technology to support our patients if it is not possible to travel to meet them.
- We are sharing public health messages: We are keeping our followers and public informed by sharing out public health messages from the HSE and WHO.
- We are asking our followers to engage in our In this Together campaign: Although our fundraising is being impacted, with health and financial uncertainty for all we know that now is not the time for us to focus on big donation asks, instead we ask you to keep following our social channels for some InThisTogether activities and engagement to keep your spirits up and keep engaged. We aim to give you opportunities to stay active and connected with your family and friends.
How can you support?
- Take part in our activities: From dress auctions to virtual quizzes keep an eye on our social channels for opportunities to engage in Marymount’s #InThisTogether
- Share the campaign: Please do share this campaign and our activities widely with your networks, colleagues and friends so we can reach as many people as possible. If you’re able to share the campaign more widely through any media or advertising channels you may have access to, please get in touch with us.
- Donate to the campaign: While it is likely we will lose €3million in fundraising income as a result of this situation, we know that this is not the right time to ask you – the people of Cork – for financial donations. You have your own worries and concerns and they must take precedence and we do not want to add to your pressure. We know that when the time is right we will work with you again in increasing support to ensure Marymount services continue. If however you would like to financially support our campaign – with no pressure at all to do so – you can do so by donating here.
- Get in touch with us: If you’d like to support Marymount’s efforts during this time and would like to discuss other ways of doing so, we’d love to hear from you.