Due to Level 5 restrictions and Government advice, from Thursday 22nd October until 2nd December, the following visiting arrangements apply:
- Visitors are welcomed from Tuesday to Sunday each week
- From Tuesday to Sunday, one visit per day by one nominated next of kin is welcome (the nominated person can rotate after 7 days.)
- Each day, visiting hours are between 3-6pm however the latest entry time is 5pm.
- One other nominated person can either join the nominated next of kin, or come on their own for a visit. To take place on a Sunday a Thursday (can rotate after 7 days)
- On Monday’s we request that all visits are virtual only, in order to give patients and families a chance to rest. Staff on the ward will be happy to facilitate a video call.
- Visitors are kindly asked to remain in the patients room for the duration of the visit.
- If you leave the building during your visit, re-entry will not be possible until your next appointment.
- Please ensure that all visits are booked in advance. To book an appointment please liaise with the relevant ward/nurse manager by calling 021 450 1201
Marymount acknowledges the devastating impact the Covid 19 pandemic has had on our patients and their families, especially with regards to the necessary visiting restrictions implemented. We understand that visiting is very precious for our sickest patients and we endeavor to work with you to agree exceptions, where we can in some circumstances.
Click to download our Visitor Information Specialist Palliative Care leaflet.
We respectfully request that visitors do not enter Marymount if any of the following apply:
- A high temperature
- A cough
- A sore throat
- Loss of taste/ smell
- Close or casual contact with someone known positive case of Covud in the last 14 days (irrespective of swab result)
- If awaiting a Covid swab/result of same
- If you have had a positive test result in the last 14 days
- If you have travelled from abroad
- If you have been advised to self isolate
To keep everyone’s risk to a minimum, visitors are kindly reminded that the following rules currently apply;
- Sanitise their hands when arriving and leaving
- Wear a surgical mask (provided) throughout the visit unless eating or drinking
- Check in is mandatory and will include temperature check and risk assessment questionnaire
- Practice social distancing at all times
- Remain in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit, using the en-suite if needed
- If a visitor leaves the building re entry will not be possible until the next scheduled visit
Where the patient is Covid-19 positive or suspected the rules above may be altered and we will work with individual families in this regard.
We encourage ‘virtual visits’ by phone or video calling and we will support this in any way we can. For more details on how to ‘stay connected’ with your loved ones, please click here.
The clinical team aim to keep you updated regularly and extra support is available through our social work and/ or pastoral care department.