We will continue to facilitate in-person visitation with close family and friends at this time. The following visitation protocol has been put in place in the best interests of all our patients:
- A nominated core visitor is welcome every day from Tuesday to Sunday each week between the hours 3-6pm (last entry 5pm)
- On Monday’s we request that all visits are virtual only, in order to give patients and families a chance to rest. Staff on the ward will be happy to facilitate a video call
- All visits must be booked. To book an appointment please liaise with the relevant ward/nurse manager, either while on the ward or by calling 021 4501201
- Another nominated person can book a visit on either Sunday or Tuesday
- A second nominated person can book a visit as above, however the maximum capacity at any one time is 2 persons
- The visitor/s do not need to be the same person each week
- Check in desk / safety measure in place pre/ post visit
For patients who appear to be imminently approaching end of life or in critical or compassionate circumstances a more individual approach to visiting may be taken as determined by management, the senior nursing and medical team.
Click to download our Specialist Palliative Care Visitor Information December 27th
We respectfully request that visitors do not enter Marymount if any of the following apply:
- A high temperature
- A cough
- A sore throat
- Loss of taste/ smell
- Close or casual contact with someone known positive case of Covud in the last 14 days (irrespective of swab result)
- If awaiting a Covid swab/result of same
- If you have had a positive test result in the last 14 days
- If you have traveled from abroad
- If you have been advised to self isolate
To keep everyone’s risk to a minimum, visitors are kindly reminded that the following rules currently apply;
- Sanitise their hands when arriving and leaving
- Wear a surgical mask (provided) throughout the visit unless eating or drinking
- Check in is mandatory and will include temperature check and risk assessment questionnaire
- Practice social distancing at all times
- Remain in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit, using the en-suite if needed
- If a visitor leaves the building re entry will not be possible until the next scheduled visit
Where the patient is Covid-19 positive or suspected the rules above may be altered and we will work with individual families in this regard.
We encourage ‘virtual visits’ by phone or video calling and we will support this in any way we can. For more details on how to ‘stay connected’ with your loved ones, please click here.
The clinical team aim to keep you updated regularly and extra support is available through our social work and/ or pastoral care department.